Although most of our men these days leave makeup to the girls, there are times when it is helpful to even out that manly glow. As a professional makeup artist, I get to freshen up male models before they get their pictures taken!
On photo shoots for men, I like to insist that I am not dolling the men up, I am toning them down. This means a bit of bronzer on the bones and a touch of color to the cheeks and lips so everything looks moisturized and HEALTHY! I am giving them an even glow so their audience sees the model, not the blemishes or a pale I-work-indoors skin tone.
Makeup for men takes ten minutes or less, depending on skin discolorations and photo shoot conditions such as sun and heat. Check out the results!
Ladies, wanna look and feel LOVELY this season? Check out these tips to up your romantic appeal:
1. Get a great haircut. Having a new ‘do’ makes a huge difference in your appearance. Ask your hairdresser for something that flatters your face. For inspiration, look for pictures of haircuts on people that look like you.
2. Get a makeup lesson. Most makeup artists offer private or group classes and can teach you how to make simple adjustments to your makeup routine, giving you fresh and glamorous looks for day and night.
3. Get a mani/pedi. There’s nothing like having manicured fingers and toes-it’s so pretty and clean and sure to make you feel more beautiful.
4. Get some excercise. Great skin tone and energy are attractive traits and make you feel confident. That’ll put a smile on your face and will help draw in the people around you.
5. Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and to help you keep a fresh mind. This is epic for your well-being.
6. Eat healthy foods. Subscribe to a healthy food blog and practice great nutrition. You will feel better and you will have a more positive outlook which is definately attractive.
7. Better your conversation skills. Make a list of 20 fun questions you could ask someone while getting to know them such as, “What’s the funnest thing you did this year?” and “What do you like most about such and such and why?” etc. These types of questions bring out the best in others and generate friendship and appreciation. Plus, you might learn something interesting.
8. Single? Get out and meet people! Go to mixers, events, meetings, parties, and anything else you can think of. Have fun.
9. Finally, Sweet One, pick out some new outfits, dress saucy and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!
Need help getting amazing pics out of your photo session? Take some tips from a professional!
First, get a great haircut that favors your face. Any experienced hairdresser can give you a new look. If you color, have your hair touched up a week in advance.
Since photography lighting will wash out your skin tone, be sure to up the vibrancy of your makeup by 25%. If you never wear makeup (men included), add some pigment to your cheecks and lips going one shade brighter than your natural coloring. A non-shimmery, colored lip balm will work for this.
Practice your model face. Take a few minutes to learn how to pose and how to do appealing facial gestures. It’ll make all the difference!
And finally, get plenty of rest the night before and be sure to plan your meals and snacks so that you don’t get hungry while getting your pictures taken.
As long as you are relaxed and prepared for your photo shoot, you should get the results you want. Remember to thank your photographer!
How do you choose the best makeup look for your big day? Here are some pointers…
If you want a pure and fresh look, ask your makeup artist for ‘night time natural’. This will give you a soft look that isn’t washed out in pictures. Your audience will love it.
If you want something more dramatic, ask for ‘ballroom’ makeup. This includes a sexy, smokey eye, lots of blush and contouring and a nude or natural lip. This is a great look for evening weddings and if you are comfortable wearing makeup.
If you are a fashionista type, meaning you love inventing your look and keeping up with the latest trends, let your makeup artist explore some artistic looks with you. This is commonly seen at Red Carpet events and is fun and unique.
Whatever your style, remember to trust your makeup artist! As long as he or she comes well-recommended, has a great portfolio and understands your needs, you will be in excellent hands. Your pictures will turn out amazing, too.
How to choose the right wedding hair for your big day? Read on..
Bridal hair mostly depends on the type of dress the bride will wear. If the dress is low cut or strapless, hair can be swept up to reveal the neckline or left down to showcase the hair.
A dress that is high on the neck or shoulders takes up more visual space and may look better with an updo. Backless dresses look beautiful with the hair completely pinned or off to one side, giving the wedding audience a chance to admire the bride’s beautiful skin from behind.
The idea is to keep proportion between the hair and the dress so that they compliment each other.
For bridesmaids, hair is similar to the bride’s and should never upstage the bridal look since the bride has center stage on this day.
Many hairstylists offer a free wedding consultation and have recommendations for other wedding needs such as makeup and photography, helping make this a day to remember.
Rebecca from Reno
Please call (775) 338-9241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your free wedding consultation.