Ladies, wanna look and feel LOVELY this season? Check out these tips to up your romantic appeal:
1. Get a great haircut. Having a new ‘do’ makes a huge difference in your appearance. Ask your hairdresser for something that flatters your face. For inspiration, look for pictures of haircuts on people that look like you.
2. Get a makeup lesson. Most makeup artists offer private or group classes and can teach you how to make simple adjustments to your makeup routine, giving you fresh and glamorous looks for day and night.
3. Get a mani/pedi. There’s nothing like having manicured fingers and toes-it’s so pretty and clean and sure to make you feel more beautiful.
4. Get some excercise. Great skin tone and energy are attractive traits and make you feel confident. That’ll put a smile on your face and will help draw in the people around you.
5. Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and to help you keep a fresh mind. This is epic for your well-being.
6. Eat healthy foods. Subscribe to a healthy food blog and practice great nutrition. You will feel better and you will have a more positive outlook which is definately attractive.
7. Better your conversation skills. Make a list of 20 fun questions you could ask someone while getting to know them such as, “What’s the funnest thing you did this year?” and “What do you like most about such and such and why?” etc. These types of questions bring out the best in others and generate friendship and appreciation. Plus, you might learn something interesting.
8. Single? Get out and meet people! Go to mixers, events, meetings, parties, and anything else you can think of. Have fun.
9. Finally, Sweet One, pick out some new outfits, dress saucy and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!
Need help getting amazing pics out of your photo session? Take some tips from a professional!
First, get a great haircut that favors your face. Any experienced hairdresser can give you a new look. If you color, have your hair touched up a week in advance.
Since photography lighting will wash out your skin tone, be sure to up the vibrancy of your makeup by 25%. If you never wear makeup (men included), add some pigment to your cheecks and lips going one shade brighter than your natural coloring. A non-shimmery, colored lip balm will work for this.
Practice your model face. Take a few minutes to learn how to pose and how to do appealing facial gestures. It’ll make all the difference!
And finally, get plenty of rest the night before and be sure to plan your meals and snacks so that you don’t get hungry while getting your pictures taken.
As long as you are relaxed and prepared for your photo shoot, you should get the results you want. Remember to thank your photographer!
How do you choose the best makeup look for your big day? Here are some pointers…
If you want a pure and fresh look, ask your makeup artist for ‘night time natural’. This will give you a soft look that isn’t washed out in pictures. Your audience will love it.
If you want something more dramatic, ask for ‘ballroom’ makeup. This includes a sexy, smokey eye, lots of blush and contouring and a nude or natural lip. This is a great look for evening weddings and if you are comfortable wearing makeup.
If you are a fashionista type, meaning you love inventing your look and keeping up with the latest trends, let your makeup artist explore some artistic looks with you. This is commonly seen at Red Carpet events and is fun and unique.
Whatever your style, remember to trust your makeup artist! As long as he or she comes well-recommended, has a great portfolio and understands your needs, you will be in excellent hands. Your pictures will turn out amazing, too.
How to choose the right wedding hair for your big day? Read on..
Bridal hair mostly depends on the type of dress the bride will wear. If the dress is low cut or strapless, hair can be swept up to reveal the neckline or left down to showcase the hair.
A dress that is high on the neck or shoulders takes up more visual space and may look better with an updo. Backless dresses look beautiful with the hair completely pinned or off to one side, giving the wedding audience a chance to admire the bride’s beautiful skin from behind.
The idea is to keep proportion between the hair and the dress so that they compliment each other.
For bridesmaids, hair is similar to the bride’s and should never upstage the bridal look since the bride has center stage on this day.
Many hairstylists offer a free wedding consultation and have recommendations for other wedding needs such as makeup and photography, helping make this a day to remember.
Rebecca from Reno
Please call (775) 338-9241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your free wedding consultation.
How do you choose your eye shadow color? If you want to bring attention to your eyes, use an opposite color from your eye color.
For green eyes, use copper, maroon, or purple.
For blue eyes, use copper, gold, peach or maroon.
For brown eyes, use green, blue, pink or purple.
If you want to bring attention to the rest of your face, such as to your lips, make your eye shadow the same color as your eyes.
For natural looks, a color wash can be a nice touch. Use a gentle, single color on your lids in matte or shimmer. Remember, shimmer shows texture so if you have fine lines, use matte shadows only.
Most eye shadow palettes have matching colors in them. Use the darkest color in the crease of your eye, the medium color on the eyelid and the lightest color just under the browbone.
If you want to match your eye shadow to your outfit, do a color wash in a light color across your lids only. Be liberal but do not do a tri-color smokey eye that matches your outfit unless you want to look like 1983. Remember: modern is simple!
Tip: Doing your eyeshadow before applying your face makeup lets you clean up any color particles that may fall under your eye during application. Then you can proceed with the rest of your look.
Need hair ideas for your holiday party? Do it big!
To create big hair, use a root lifter after shampooing and towel drying. Lift the hair that is at your crown (top back part of the head) and spray your product at the scalp from side to side. Massage in.
Using your blow dryer on high heat and speed, dry the crown section up and over to each opposite side. Be sure to jiggle your fingertips at the roots while blow drying to create uniformity.
Now add a thermal protector to the rest of your hair and finish drying. Polish with a small amount of flat ironing (BE CAREFUL- flat ironing is hard on the hair) or do big waves with your curling iron on medium heat.
A popular addition to holiday hair is shiny, colored hair tinsel that streams from tiny knots attached to your hair. Tinsel comes in any color, is heat-safe and can be shampooed and styled.
Big hair and tinsel give your hair a festive, grandiose appeal. Remember, the holidays are for parading and making others smile so get out there and sparkle!
Artificial eyelashes are a great option for enhancing your look and making your eyes look bigger. Especially fun for photo shoots, weddings and holiday parties, putting lashes on can be easy, if you know how.
First, get lashes that are soft and have a thin band. This makes them easier to bend to your eye shape.
Next, measure the lashes by comparing them to yours. They should not be longer than your natural lash line. If they are longer, cut them on the outside end to fit.
Apply mascara to your eyelashes. Let it dry.
Add clear or black eyelash glue, depending on your preference, to the artificial lashes. Let the glue get tacky before you adhere the band to your natural lashes.
Stick the lashes to your lashes, not to your eyelid. Press with your fingertips and let dry.
Temporary Lashes are Glamorous. Haircolor, Cut, Style and Makeup by Rebecca Schembri
Done. Now you can go party. Your lashes should stay until the morning when you gently peel them off.